PRECSION 3S SINGLE ENDED POWER AMPLIFIER
Precision 3S power amplifier is designed without any compromises using the best components on the market! Like all products of Audio-GD the amplifier is entirely made by hand and for a reasonable price. The analogue amplifier stages of this amplifier are non-feedback and DC coupled without any opamps, all discrete. The power supplies of this amplifier are feeded by a huge transformer, Audio-GD uses a technique that is unique in this price range, and designed using "Diamond Cross output stages". This integrated amplifier is a sngle ended ACSS solution and delivers 70W per channel @ 8 Ohm and 150W per channel @ 4 Ohm speakers. This pure analogue desinged amplifier sounds Neutral, detailed and musical.
Preciesion 3S sound quality improvements
- Slim design; small Form Factor.
- True Balanced ACSS Single ended Power Amp
- Diamond gain stages and pre-buffer stages working in pure class A
- The output transistors stages work in high idle current state. The Diamond Cross output stage design avoids "switch distortion".
- Non- feedback ACSS analogue design
- The capacitance of the whole machine is in total 40,000 uF
Completely separated design to achieve best channel seperation.
- Audiophile grade components, WIMA caps, custom order NOVER (UK brand) caps, all audiophile grade input & output sockets and gold IEC socket.
Single Ended 2-channel power amplfier can work in bridge mode (balanced) and bi-amp mode.
- C2 preamp or NFB29.38 + Precision 3S + ACSS standard cable
- NFB1 AMP or NFB28.38 + 2x Precision 3 in bridge mode + ACSS bridge cable
The P3S alows bi-amping at the output of a RCA preamp. As shown in picture below the RCA outputs of the preamplifier are connected to 2x Precision 3 power amplifiers.
Do not forget to remove the straps on the speaker terminals.
Standard 2 channel single ended:
- Standard ACSS cabl (For single-ended ACSS preamp)
- Standard RCA cable (For single-ended RCA preamp)
Bridged (Mono) balanced (2x P3S required)
- Bridge ACSS 1 to 2 cable (For balanced ACSS preamp; requires 2x Precision 3 in bridge mode, 1 Meter)
- Bridge XLR-2RCA cable: (For balanced preamp, requires 2x Precision 3 in bridge mode, 1 Meter)
- Bi-amp ACSS cable 1 to 2 cable (For single ended ACSS preamp; connect 2x Precision 3S working in bi-amp mode, 1 Meter)
- Bi-amp RCA 1 to 2 cable: Pair (For single-ended preamp; connect 2x Precision 3S in bi-amp mode, 1 Meter)
Headphone output cable
- Headphone adapter cable (For Precision 3 drive single ended 6.3MM headphone, 0.6 Meter)
Precision 3S is a discrete design applying the latest ACSS technology which improves the RCA connection to be able to sound as good as the ACSS connection. It seems complex, but in fact it is most straightforward design in the world. There are a lot components in the power supply providing rich and clean sound. The Precision 3 power amp has a single “voltage" gain stage to process signals, but works fully in ACSS mode; which in fact is a current gain stage instead of the standard voltage gain stage. The voltage gain state applied by almost all manufacturers requires at least two or three voltage gain stages. We implemented most elementary and shortest signal journey resulting most neutral and cleanest sound.
Precision 3 applies ultra-low distortion single stage ACSS amplifier soldered directly on the motherboard to reduce noise floor even more. The gain stages and pre-buffer stages are all designed to work in pure class A .
The diamond cross output stage design avoid "switch distortion" as good as the best class A amp.
The ACSS is a non-feedback technology is designed with discrete amplifiers. Most people think the feedback design offer better specs in test measurements, and non-feedback isn’t as good. Putting the measurements aside, non-feedback offers more pleasant sound for the human's ears. This is a pyridoxal conflict of classic circuits. Our developed ACSS named technology opens a new field: It can offer a neutral
sound with very low distortion and high linearity. Retain the dynamics, detail and neutral sound without sounding bright or harsh.
All signal gain are in current mode, achieved by the unique, superb open-loop multiple output current mirror. Incomparably precise and ultra-low distortion in the gain signal is the result. The signal path is balanced throughout and all transistors work in class A mode.
Massive use of high power parts and robust power supply guarantees vigorous current output that drives almost every loudspeaker.
Precision 3 applies two channel diamond non-feedback output stages composed of 4 transistors, every transistors can handle 150W / 15A . The power supply capacitance is over 40,000uF.
The Precision 3 supports very wide frequency band with excellent phase distortion, and boost the amp to have excellent detail and dynamic reproduction.
Precision 3 has RCA single ended inputs and top grade proprietary ACSS current signal inputs. No matter what kind of signal it is input .
Solely audiophile grade components being used, e.g. 0.1% KOA resistors, WIMA caps, and custom ordered NOVER (UK brand) caps.