Audio-GD - MASTER 9 (True Balanced Discrete Headphone & Preamplifier)
A true balanced design applying the newest ACSS design which can improve the XLR connection to sound as good as the ACSS connection. They seem complex , but in fact they are the most simple design the world has ever had , their a lot components to process the power supply. The simplest and shortest signal journey brings out the most neutral and least colored sound.
MASTER 9 applies ultra-low distortion single stage ACSS amplifier and soldered directly on the motherboard. It is a fully class A preamp / headphone amp and applies class A power supplies.
Note: MASTER 9 can work with all sources and power amps worldwide, but its ACSS output is compatible with Audio-GD Master series power amps.
- A cable is available to connect Master-9 ACSS outputs to a KRELL CAST amplifier input. KRELL amplifiers have lower gain versus audio-gd Master series amplifiers when using the CAST connection, so customers can custom order the Master 1 to have higher ACSS output gain if expecting to connect to KRELL amplifiers.
- Fully balanced pure class A design built by discrete analog stages without any OPA or coupling caps in the signal channels.
- Non- feedback ACSS analog output stage.
- Total applied 12 pcs exact matching 150W transistors ( In total 1800W ) as the output stages and PSU stages for implement large class A output power .
- Uses three R-core transformers (In total 135W ) separate power supplies for the digital control components, right and left channels.
- More than 55,000uf audio grade NOVER capacitors are used to ensure ample and smooth power delivery.
- A total of 9 groups of PSU's for dedicated DC supply.
- Uses most Hi-end grade parts and exactly matched transistors, OCC wires.
- Four-channel 100 steps digitally controlled relay-based volume control avoids channel imbalance and improves sound quality .
- Supper Exponential Volume Characteristic, easy match the volume with very high headphone / speaker without change the gain mode.
- 20dB gain can drive the low sensitivity headphone very well.
- Static storage mode control software for avoid disturb sound quality , the MCU output once control data and save in the perform parts ,then stop output data until users next operation
- 1. XLR balanced
- 2. RCA single ended
- 3. XLR balanced
- 4. RCA single ended
- 5. ACSS balanced
- Preamp / DAC output : XLR / RCA / ACSS (variable)
- Headphone output : 4 pins XLR / 6.3MM SE
HIGH PRECISION VOLUME CONTROL
Volume control consist of relay-controlled attenuators. Fully-independent, fully-balanced stereo volume controls. The volume controls feature consist of high-precision 0.05% tolerance film resistors and golden contact relays. Buffered inputs and outputs.There 4 channels volume boards are built in the unit to achieve ultimate balanced volume control. They are controlled by a digital signal controlling the high quality relays switching the precision resistors in analog area.
|Audio-GD lineair volume characteristic
||Volume steps in comparison to standard volume control
Quality of volume control is very important in balanced applications . It have to effectuate the four channels to work as synchronous as possible to keep the balanced signal in perfect shape. In traditional volume controls the balanced output will introduce distortion which will negatively influence sound quality and performance and might even get worse than a single ended setup and waste the advantages of balanced designed solution.