This product + Hifiman Sundara
50 EURO DISCOUNT
R2R11 Single Ended Discrete Ladder Headphone / amp / DAC (DSD / DxD)
Single Ended Headphone & pre- amplifier equipped with advanced R-2R high speed parallel processing CPLD corrected discrete ladder DAC. All parts and components are selected based on excellent sonic and measurements performance. Components are (e.g. Vishay resistors, KOA transistors and NOVER capacitors) and the design (e.g. power supplies; discrete analogue output stages) were being selected after many years of experience and practices and are considered to perform and provide admirable sound quality. Up to date with the latest technology, and ensuring peak performance. Up to date technology supporting high resolution including native DSD, DxD and hyper-modern Amanero USB input.
Includes latest firmware release from Audio-GD released on 28th of March 2018 (Silent PCM sample rate switching)
- Discrete DAC single ended headphone- and pre-amplifier
- True NOS , R-2R discrete ladder DAC
- Built in pre- and headphone amp
- Built in 2 groups DA-8 R-2R modules with high speed CPLD correction
- Unique noise process technology will remove any digital artifact
- Native DSD and DxD Support
- Amanero Combo 384 USB interface
- Soldered with silver tin
- High quality ALPS volume potentiometer
- USB input.
- Toslink optical SPDIF
- RCA coaxial SPDIF
- RCA single ended (Output is configurable: fixed or variable)
- Headphone 6,3mm jack
R2R 11 CHARACTERISTICS
- R2R-11 and R2R-15 are a breakthrough of discrete R-2R designed ladder dac’s. Audio-GD are first in the market offering high performance discrete R2R in this price-range
- Two pieces DA-8 modules equipped with ultra-high speed CPLD processors to correct the discrete resistor ladder. Unique parallel processing to achieve superb performance
- Analogue section design based on Audio-GD’s ACSS current driven technology; fully discrete transistors amplifiers
- Double stages ultra-low noise high speed power supplies offers a musical and black background and favorable transparency
- Built in Amanero combo 384 USB interface. Amanero offers satisfying USB compatibility and marvelous sound quality
- True NOS design. NOS is less sensitive to jitter and offering neutral sound. To avoid the digital artifacts exlusive noise rejection processing technology is applied
- Native DSD support. Avert switch noise when changing DSD / PCM.
- Built with purity components: KOA transistors / Vishay high low tolerance resistors , silver tin soldering and ALPS 27 volume potentiometer
- Exotic sound quality! Smooth, coherent and analogue.
- Option to set Neutral or Warm sound (Jumper setting) according to personal taste.
Review by Darko Audio
The R2R 11 was the subject of a comprehensive review by Darko Audio and received distrinction Knock Out Awards. Read the full review
PROS AND CONS OF DISCRETE R-2R LADDER DAC
- R-2R will not convert the clock signal into the output signal.
- R-2R is less sensitive to jitter
- The output signal is more accurate with R-2R
- Modern Delta-Sigma chips offer exceptional THD; R-2R offers satisfactory THD results.
- Accuracy and glitches of the ladder resistors require complex technology to enhance
Some manufactures claim to achieve good performance becuase they use lowest tolerance ladder resistors. The following calculation example will cover this. At 16 bit the tolerance of 1/66536, 0.1% (1/1000) it is by far not enough to achieve decent performance. Even using resistors with 0.01% (1/10000) tolerance, lowest tolerance available today,cannot deliver the desired performance This is just 16 bit, imagine a 24 calculation! To process 24 bit resolution it would require resistors with a tolerance of 0.00001%. This is purely theoretical; if this tolerance would exist the discreteness of the switch logic chips will already have too much internal impedance and will shake-up such design.The tolerance of the resistor will never solve Imperfections of a ladder.
The solution lies in the correction the ladder and not only depend on the tolerance of resistors. It’s a combination of both: Ultra-low tolerance resistors controlled by a correction technology using very high speed with parallel FPGA processing.