MATRIX ELEMENT M Streamer DAC ES9028Pro MQA 32bit 768khz DSD512
Element M is a new member of element family, it continues the design language of concise and steady. We look for a balance between performance, functionality and price on element M, hoping to provide a desktop two-channel stereo simplification solution for mid-range active speaker and headphone users.
You can play your favorite music from an USB drive, NAS device or streaming service, like Tidal.
The Element-X can be controlled with the remote controller or Android App, which is especially developed for the Element series (an IOS app is still in development). You can also control different functions from the front of the device or with your favorite UPNP control point app for Android and IOS.
Listening to network streaming media has become a normal part of life today. The element series also enables you to play music from your smartphone or other mobile devices via AirPlay & DLNA for convenient wireless streaming.
The Element-X is the flagship of the Element series and uses the ESS Sabre ES9028PRO DAC chip. Together with the ultra-low noise LDO ES9311 and Crystek CCHD-950 femto clock a top notch DAC section is born. The USB input is equipped with the latest XU216 XMOS processor to be able to support the highest bitrates and MQA.
The Element-X can be used as a pre amplifier and headphone amplifier. As volume control the traditional potentiometer or digital volume build into the DAC chip were not chosen. A new hybrid digital volume control has been developed, combining an array of relays along with the built in DAC chips internal digital volume unit. This enables to combine the audio quality advantages of an analog volume control along with the precision of a digital volume control.
The headphone amplifiers is balanced and is equipped with 3 outputs, one balanced output (4 pins) and two unbalanced outputs that can drive two single-ended pairs of headphones each having its own independent stereo amplifier. In balanced mode those two outputs can also drive one balanced headphones.
Next to that only top class components are used in all sections, from power supply to outputs, all in a beautiful case.
- MQA full decoder, supports to 24bit/384kHz MQA audio via USB port.
- Next to USB, COAX, Glass Fibre inputs, there is also an I2S (HDMI format) digital input present.
- Unlike other DACS, the Element-X can handle DSD via all inputs, and not just via the usual USB input.
- Can handle up to DSD1024 and PCM 768kHz/32bit.
- Crystek CCHD-950 femto reference clock for the ES9028Pro.
- ES9311Q ultra low noise LDO (voltage regulators), with separated supplies for the left and right channels of the ES9028Pro DAC chip.
- 7 different PCM filters for fine tuning the sound.
- No pre amplifier needed. Output signal can be amplified with +10dB of analog gain, for example to drive active speakers.
- Clear display with information about input used, audio bitrate, volume, etc.Duidelijk scherm met informatie over ingang, audioformaat, volume etc.
- Can be controlled with controls on the front, remote controller and app.
- High quality components, like: Noratel transformer and Neutrik connectors.
- Size: 340mm(B) x281mm(D) x60mm(H)
- LAN: 10/100Mbit/sec.
- WLAN: 2.4GHz/5GHz, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Weight: 4,2 kg
- Color: Silver
MQA is a high-resolution audio encoding technique with a high sampling rate while ensuring small file sizes. The MQA is therefore an ideal format for enjoying high quality audio streaming.
ESS SABRE PRO
X-SABRE Pro is a DAC equipped with ES9028PRO D/A chip, that has been first put into mass production in China or even around the world. Matrix fully explored this advanced 8-channel D/A chip's potential, compared to the previous generation ES9018S, ES9028PRO fully optimizes the internal DSP units, further improve the performance and customer use experience. We selected the excellent audio components and well-designed circuit layout to making X-SABRE Pro's SNR reached an incredible -134dB.
2x USB-A (Host)
1x Micro SD
1x I2S LVDS HDMI
||1x Single-ended RCA
1x Balanced XLR
|Supported sampling rate
||Coaxial, Optical : PCM up to 24bit 192kHz / DSD64
I2S LVDS : PCM up to 32bit 768kHz / DSD up to DSD1024
USB : PCM up to 768kHz / DSD up to DSD256
||XLR : > -128dB
RCA : > -125dB
Headphone output : > -11dB @ 2Vrms
||XLR : < 0.00022% @ 1kHz, < 0.00025% @ 20Hz - 20kHz
RCA : < 0.00028% @ 1kHz, < 0.00045% @ 20Hz - 20kHz
Headphone output: < 0.0006% @ 1Vrms
||XLR : 20Hz - 20kHz +/-0.05 -3dB @ 150kHz
RCA : 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.05 -3dB @ 120kHz
Headphone output : 20Hz - 20kHz +/-0.1 -3dB @ 47khz
||XLR : > -145dB
RCA : > -128dB
||XLR : 4Vrms @ 0dB
RCA : 2Vrms @ 0dB
|Headphone output impedance
|Headphone output power
||1320mW @ 32Ω, 248mW @ 300Ω, 124mW @ 600Ω, 1% THD
|Headphone output gain
||10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX
||2.4GHz/5GHz, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
|Supported file formats
||MP3, WMA, WAV, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, ALAC, M4A, DSF, DFF
||230V AC / 115V AC (power cable included)
|Sleep power consumption
||275 x 281 x 60mm
||1x Matrix Element M
1x RM3 Remote Control
1x Power cable
1x Câble USB
2x WiFi Antennas