Audio-GD - MASTER 9 (True Balanced Discrete Headphone & Preamplifier)
A true balanced design applying the newest ACSS design which can improve the XLR connection to sound as good as the ACSS connection. They seem complex , but in fact they are the most simple design the world has ever had , their a lot components to process the power supply. The simplest and shortest signal journey brings out the most neutral and least colored sound.
MASTER 9 applies ultra-low distortion single stage ACSS amplifier and soldered directly on the motherboard. It is a fully class A preamp / headphone amp and applies class A power supplies.
Note: MASTER 9 can work with all sources and power amps worldwide, but its ACSS output is compatible with Audio-GD Master series power amps.
Click here to read about our unique and special Black Edition option
- A cable is available to connect Master-9 ACSS outputs to a KRELL CAST amplifier input. KRELL amplifiers have lower gain versus audio-gd Master series amplifiers when using the CAST connection, so customers can custom order the Master 1 to have higher ACSS output gain if expecting to connect to KRELL amplifiers.
- Fully balanced pure class A design built by discrete analog stages without any OPA or coupling caps in the signal channels.
- Non- feedback ACSS analog output stage.
- Total applied 12 pcs exact matching 150W transistors ( In total 1800W ) as the output stages and PSU stages for implement large class A output power .
- Uses three R-core transformers (In total 135W ) separate power supplies for the digital control components, right and left channels.
- More than 55,000uf audio grade NOVER capacitors are used to ensure ample and smooth power delivery.
- A total of 9 groups of PSU's for dedicated DC supply.
- Uses most Hi-end grade parts and exactly matched transistors, OCC wires.
- Four-channel 100 steps digitally controlled relay-based volume control avoids channel imbalance and improves sound quality .
- Supper Exponential Volume Characteristic, easy match the volume with very high headphone / speaker without change the gain mode.
- 20dB gain can drive the low sensitivity headphone very well.
- Static storage mode control software for avoid disturb sound quality , the MCU output once control data and save in the perform parts ,then stop output data until users next operation
- 1. XLR balanced
- 2. RCA single ended
- 3. XLR balanced
- 4. RCA single ended
- 5. ACSS balanced
- Preamp / DAC output : XLR / RCA / ACSS (variable)
- Headphone output : 4 pins XLR / 6.3MM SE