Mano Music Streamer (High-Res)
High-end streaming from any smartphone, tabled or PC or a laptop or whichever wireless device is at hand. This makes the listening experience much easier without compromising sound quality. The Mano Streamer is the ultimate streaming source for any DAC supporting coaxial SPDIF or supporting IIS HDMI inputs. IIS allows the DAC to derive ultra low jitter synchronous timing of the serial data that will be set up for transmission. Two femto clocks are applied for extremely detailed signal handling exact timing and low jitter thanks to these extreme accurate clocks powered by low noise (nV) discrete regulators.
The device is powered by a discrete Class A power supply with more than 20.000uF power capacity, an high quality R-Core transformer and digital audio circuits are powered by ultra-low dsicrete noise regulator.
Lead-time for this handcrafted streamer is ~ 4 weeks up on ordering at this moment.
We are pleased with this review from HIFI-STATEMENT NETMAGAZINE
CUSTOMER RESPONSE - FEB 2017
"The mano HDMI I2S out is very transparent, giving a lot of details, sounding natural and not harsh. In the end I am considering using only the Mano as main source and even getting rid of CDs and my expensive CD Transport"
High-end top-class streaming quality with bit perfect playback
- I2S HDMI - LVDS signal processing
- RCA SPDIF - 0.5V pp @ 75Ohm
- BNC SPDIF (OPTIONAL) - 0.5V pp @ 75Ohm
- Supported File Types: AAC, AIF, ALAC, DIF, DSF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WV and WMA
- DSD (Including DoP)
- HDMI I2S OUT: 44.1 Khz - 384 Khz | 16-32 bit
- SPDIF OUT: 44.1 Khz - 192 Khz | 16-24 bit
- Picore LMS: Any Squeeze application, iPeng for iOS, Squeeze Orange for Android
- Roon Control App
- Volumio: Music Player Daemon (MPD) Apps
- Volumio: Lumin, BubbleUpnp and other uPnP compatible control software
- Web Browser
- Picore: LMS (Logitech Squeeze Server)
- Roon Core ( Mano: Roon bridge )
- Volumio: Minimserver, Twonky, Synology Media Server Minimserver and more
- Volumio: DLNA/UPNP compatible
- 1x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- 4x Local USB for media (USB drive and WiFi dongle)
- 1x 230V / 110V Power
- 1x WIFI Dongle (Optional)
Streaming services supported are:
- Spotify (Picore LMS)
- TIDAL (Picore LMS)
- Qobuz (Picore LMS)
- Deezer (Picore LMS)
- Internet Radio
- Fully reclocked I2S over HDMI output PS Audio / Audio-GD / Holo Audio compatible
- Galvanic isolated and reclocked SPDIF output (RCA or BNC Connection)
- 2x CRYSTEK FEMTO Clock's. FIFO Oscillators designed specifically for High Definition Audio (HD Audio). It features a typical low close-in phase noise of -100 dBc/Hz @ 10 Hz offset, and a noise floor of -169 dBc/Hz. With this extreme low phase noise performance, you will “Hear the Difference”.
- Based on RaspberryPi providing I2S output clocked by the Femto clocks from Magna Hifi's digital board.
- Ultra low noise Tentlabs shunt regulators for oscillators and digital audio circuit. The shunts drop in instead of commonly used industrial types of regulators. Having much lower noise, true wide bandwidth and linear output impedance, they'll bring improvement to sound in terms of: Higher resolution, better transparency, clean low ends and increased dynamics.
- Low noise Power supply provided without generating unwanted noise and without passing it along into the sensitive digitital signal path.
- 2 original Toshiba 2SC5200 transistors and 20.000 uF power capacity
- High quality R-core transformer. The R-core transformer has high isolation degree. it can improve the signal-to-noise ratio, isolate the harmonic interference, reduce the noise, make he background cleaner. R core transforer can fully improve the quality of sound.
- Power rail for Raspberry and separated power rail for digital audio circuit
- Fully reclocked I2S signal path with seperated data reclocking.
- Aluminium black housing with 3mm front panel and blue led.
WHY HDMI LVDS I2S OUTPUT?
- I2S is like USB asynchronous connection. Compared to standard S/PDIF where clock signal is integrated in data stream a complex process is required in the DAC to transform signal back to asynchronous.
- With I2S the shortest possible signal path from streamer to DAC to analogue conversion is achieved.
- No additional encoding and decoding steps are required. USB does require this.
- The HDMI cable from streamer to DAC is less impacting the sonic quality and no expensive cables are required to obtain best sound quality.
The only disadvantage you could think of is I2S is not really a standard, although more and more vendors are supporting I2S as external in or output.
Why R-Core transformer?
R-core transformer has high isolation degree. it improves the signal-to-noise ratio, isolate the harmonic interference, reduce the noise, make he background cleaner. R core transformer can fully improve the quality of sound.
- Standard HDMI 30cm cable included
- Automute I2S signal when switching between sample rates
- Supports volume control from application (On / Off)
- Future software upgrades for both soft- and hardware supported
Audioenzo (Dutch review)
Audioenzo - Mano & NOS (Dutch review)
"I find the mano in HDMI I2S and ACSS (mano->HE7->HE1->M2H) to sound very transparent, giving a lot of details, sounding analogue, not harsh at all. I am now finally considering of using the Mano as my main source and even getting rid of CDs and my CD transport"